Location: Knight Library 123; meeting length: 50 minutes.
1. Introductions, check-in, and agenda approval (10 minutes)
2. Proposal – approve caucus charter (5 minutes, Ricardo)
3. Proposal – vote in chair (5 minutes, Ricardo)
4. Discussion – meeting with DEI Dean (5 minutes, Mushira)
Context: Mushira and others met informally with Padma, DEI dean at the UO graduate school, and would like to share their experiences with the caucus.
5. Proposal – protesting UO’s Coffee with a Cop (20 minutes, Ricardo)
Context: UO has a recurring event called “Coffee with a Cop” that’s designed to normalize police on campus. Details here, and a Daily Emerald article here. Recently, the Daily Emerald also reported that a UOPD officer was recently fired for “violating use of force policy; providing false information in report, testimony.” I would like to propose that we resolve to counter-table “Coffee with a Cop” events. The next one is on the Friday of this meeting, from 9am to 2pm, so we would be planning to protest future “Coffee with a Cop” events. The goal would be to push back against normalizing the arm of state violence, and agitate for the disarming of UOPD.
5. Announcements; check-out (5 minutes)
- GTFF is having a GMM from 5:30pm to 8:30pm at South Eugene High School cafeteria on Friday, January 17th.
- Creating Connections is having their third annual “Diversity Dinner” from 5:30pm to 8:30pm in Lillis atrium on Friday, January 17th.
- CGE is having a bargaining session on Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm on Friday, January 17th.
- CGE is celebrating their 20th anniversary on Friday, January 24th, from 5pm to 7pm. Boots Riley will be speaking at the event.